Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese slice and tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 517 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 25, 2010
Also good on toasted ciabatta rolls.
Jul 17, 2010
These were a perfect dinner for a hot summer night! My husband complimented me after every bite (Thanks Simple & Delicious). We are not a fan of tomatoes, so I substitued a red pepper bruschetta and it was still fab!
Jul 4, 2010
This is a great summer recipe & the fresh basil really helps make it. Didn't have mozzarella so used sliced provolone instead. This is a really simple & delicious recipe.
Jun 16, 2010
This recipe turned out great. It was a different twist on chicken. I placed my chicken on the toast and put mozzarella on top and popped it back in the oven to melt the cheese. I made pasta salad with this and to was yummo!
Jun 14, 2010
Fabulous! Hubby asked, "So when are you going to make these again?" This is a fabulous recipe, especially if you grow your own fresh basil like I do. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.