This fruity salad dressing gets its beautiful rich red color from raspberries. A hint of Dijon mustard gives it just the right touch of tartness. Field editor Dorothy Smith from El Dorado, Arkansas shared the recipe.
Recommended: Recipes from the ’80s Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Mixed salad greens
- Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice; discard seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the broth, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and reserved juice. Refrigerate. Shake before serving over salad greens. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Raspberry Vinaigrette in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p46