- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Sprinkle with sage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken, cheese, basil and raisins; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- With a sharp knife, make two slashes on each calzone. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 calzones.
Reviews forChicken Broccoli Calzones
"calzones have to be dry or else the bread gets soggy make filling the night before, let the flavors mingle and have fun trying different sauces to finished calzone also I use regular mozz it's cheaper"
"The combination of broccoli, chicken, and golden raisins was great. But of the four adults who tried this, we all agreed it was too dry and needed a white sauce or something to add to the filling. I don't think I will make this again as I found it to be time consuming as well.."