Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish
This tropical-tasting melon relish is sweet and very flavorful. It tastes so good with the tender chicken breasts and is perfect for summer.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger, nutmeg and pepper. Rub over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients. Serve with chicken.