Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish
This tropical tasting melon relish recipe comes from Roxanne Chan of Albany, California. The topping is sweet and very flavorful, and goes well with the tender chicken breasts to finish this wonderful summery dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger, nutmeg and pepper. Rub over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spice Rubbed Chicken Breasts with Minted Melon Relish in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007