Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper; set aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
"We loved this recipe. Next time I will leave the garlic off the chicken and no jalepeno and onion in the fruit salsa and it will be fantastic!"