- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast. In a skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes; turn and cook 4-6 minutes longer until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm. Stir juice mixture into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
"We loved this recipe. Next time I will leave the garlic off the chicken and no jalepeno and onion in the fruit salsa and it will be fantastic!"