Chicken Breasts Grecian-Style
When my husband and I have guests for dinner, we try to make the meal impressive as well as tasty. These chicken breasts stuffed with a flavorful feta cheese and spinach mixture fit the bill.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Pinch pepper
- 6 to 8 bacon strips
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, mayonnaise and flour; set aside. Cut a 2-in.-deep pocket in the side of each chicken breast half. Lightly fill each pocket with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of chicken; spoon 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture on top of each. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Breasts Grecian Style in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.