VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on a wire rack. Cut bread into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, chicken, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bread Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p78