Rich and creamy and filled with appealing flavor, this dish is ideal for busy weeknights. “Serve with garlic toast for a speedy supper," suggests Mary Thomas of North Lewisburg, Ohio.
Recommended: 60 Easy Chicken Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and carrot in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear; drain.
- Add the zucchini, squash, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, cream and Parmesan cheese to the chicken mixture; stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Bow Tie Primavera in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p30
Reviews forChicken-Bow Tie Primavera
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2008
"2c of cream is just way too much. Made the sauce way too runny. Recipe was delicious though, so next time I'll cut the amount of cream to 1c."