Chicken Bean Casserole
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 cups cut fresh green or wax beans, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth, milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Add beans and chicken; toss to coat;.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
1 each: 238 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
This was great!!!! We had it over mashed potatoes & the whole family LOVED it!!!
Apr 27, 2013
Wonderful flavor. We're always on the look out for low-sodium meals so I was eager to try this. Used left over rotisserie chicken and fresh green beans. Didn't add any salt, only used 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce and lower sodium chicken stock. My boyfriend is a big fan of Green Bean Casserole so I added some of those French's Onions on top. Served it over rotini. Really yummy. I was actually surprised it had so much flavor since there aren't any herbs in it. Definitely gonna make it again
Feb 2, 2011
I personally didn't like it, but my family ate it up.
Jan 30, 2011
We liked it served over white rice. Wonderful with Fresh green beans.
Jan 11, 2011
Fantastic taste & served over mashed potatoes.