Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salsa, beans and corn; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir cream cheese into mixture until blended.
- To serve, place rice in serving bowls; top with chicken mixture and cheese blend. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 518 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 19, 2015
I couldn't find Mexicorn so just used regular corn. Omitted cheese & chips. Quite delicious! Fit fine in my 5 quart slow cooker.- Theresa
Apr 22, 2015
Love the versatility of this recipe. Leave out the rice and you can use it to fill tacos or enchiladas. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it to share.
Jan 12, 2013
family loved this even my 1 year old
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.