Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salsa, beans and corn; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir cream cheese into mixture until blended.
- To serve, place rice in serving bowls; top with chicken mixture and cheese blend. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 518 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2015
I couldn't find Mexicorn so just used regular corn. Omitted cheese & chips. Quite delicious! Fit fine in my 5 quart slow cooker.- Theresa
Apr 22, 2015
Love the versatility of this recipe. Leave out the rice and you can use it to fill tacos or enchiladas. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it to share.
Jan 12, 2013
family loved this even my 1 year old