- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Place bacon on a broiler rack. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until partially cooked; cool. Wrap a piece of bacon around a chicken cube and water chestnut slice; secure with a toothpick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marmalade, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add wrapped chicken; carefully turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and bacon is crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChicken Bacon Bites
"mine came out good and moist. It's a keeper."
"I do agree with kandy1206 on the sweet orange flavor, not on the dryness of the chicken ( that comes from cooking too long ) Try it making the marinade with peach jam, marinate the chicken by it's self. Wrap the bacon before grilling but watch your timing. As soon as the chicken turns white on the outside, make a little slit with a knife in the middle to see that it is not still pink inside and cooked white. Remove immediately and enjoy. I didn't use the water chestnuts either, and used a sweet chili pepper sauce for dipping, that is my preference. It is a great anytime recipe and can be used under the broiler during non-grilling days. Thanks Betty Pierson for sharing, some like it your way, and some may like it this way. Either way, it's good."
"These were just not something that my family liked. They were on the dry side and had a little too much marmalade flavor."