Chicken/Asparagus Pasta Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high. Add asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions and salt. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. Cook chicken, stirring constantly, 5-6 minutes or until it is no longer pink. Return vegetables to the skillet; add peas and cook 3-5 minutes. set aside.
- For sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour to form a smooth paste. Add bouillon cube. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened. Season with pepper.
- Pour over chicken/vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Serve over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2012
So so good! Easy and so fresh! I love all the vegetables. I did serve some shredded parmesean cheese on the side which was a nice addition. Vegetables are still slightly crisp in this recipe which I like but if you want them softer cook them down longer.