Chicken Asparagus Divan
You could call cooking my hobby...I love to do it, trying new recipes whenever I get the chance. This is the recipe that gets the most requests.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Onion and celery with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet, place chicken, onion, celery, water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Drain and discard liquid. Combine chopped onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and soup. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with asparagus, then chicken and remaining soup mixture. Bake at 350°, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through. Combine cream and mayonnaise. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Brown lightly under broiler. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1227mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Asparagus Divan in Country Extra May 1992
Mar 13, 2012
Very good. Did change the cooking style. Seasoned & browned the chicken instead of simmering in water w/onion & celery, and did not pre-cook the asparagus. Will definitely make again.