Chicken Asparagus Divan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Onion and celery with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet, place chicken, onion, celery, water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Drain and discard liquid. Combine chopped onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and soup. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with asparagus, then chicken and remaining soup mixture. Bake at 350°, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through. Combine cream and mayonnaise. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Brown lightly under broiler. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1227mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Mar 13, 2012
Very good. Did change the cooking style. Seasoned & browned the chicken instead of simmering in water w/onion & celery, and did not pre-cook the asparagus. Will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.