Chicken Asparagus Bundles
THIS is a dressy way to serve chicken breasts and it is so easy to prepare. I like to present this at a dinner that is a special occasion. It is very impressive.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sweet red pepper rings (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken. Top with asparagus; roll up into a bundle. Secure with a pepper ring.
- Brush bundles with oil; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Place in a small greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 139 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Asparagus Bundles in Reminisce Extra March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.