Chicken Asparagus Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Triscuits
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Break two-thirds of the crackers into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken; spread soup over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and mayonnaise; spoon over soup. Crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 779 calories, 45g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 11g fiber), 32g protein.
Apr 14, 2019
I've had this before and I'm making it today. Delicious recipe as is. If you change it, don't rate it. It needs to be rated AS IS. Not hard to understand, right? Excellent meal!!!!
Jul 13, 2015
I added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, celery salt, shredded cheese. Yummy !!!!!
May 29, 2013
I will be making this recipe soon. It sounds delicious & easy too. I sure agree with lindym57 about the fat calories, etc..
May 13, 2013
It would be so nice if I could read the reviews without having to read everyone's negative comments about fat, calories, salt content, etc. Unless someone has said that their recipe is low in all these things...please accept the recipe at face value. So few people are aware of the unhealthy side effects of fat free products, for instance, margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. I'll take the fat and calories in butter all day long before I put one bite of margarine in my mouth. Please make nice comments because no one would be putting recipes on this site if they weren't proud of them.
May 4, 2011
Can I use rotisserie chicken? This receipe sounds really good. Let me know what you think of subsitute.
Mar 17, 2011
Oh I did use fresh asparagus and rosemary olive oil triscuts too!
Mar 17, 2011
Really YUMMY! I did tweak the recipe a bit. Instead of two cans of cream of chicken I used one can of cream of chicken and one can of broccoli cheese.I omitted the mushrooms, since they are not for our liking. I added chopped onions and garlic, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash to the veggies.Cant wait for leftovers at lunch today.
Feb 25, 2010
Just made it and had a few friends try it. I now have to get copies of this recipe to them. Very tasty and will add it to my list of recipes that I would make again.
Jun 7, 2009
Re: chicken asparagus bake. Try this with Garlic Triscuits and cut back on the soup with milk lots of flavor!! Also fresh asparagus is less mushy. Ellen
Jun 2, 2009
Tried it last night and my husband loved it! Next time I might use 1 can of soup and substitute light s.cream for the other can, for a lighter flavor. My husband re-named it Triscuit Pot Pie!