Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna
My family loves lasagna and I love the slow cooker. I wanted to try something a little different from the classic lasagna we usually make. This recipe not only tastes incredible, it's hearty and convenient, too. —Kelly Silvers, Edmond, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepared pesto, optional
- Additional basil, optional
- Fold two 18-in. square pieces of foil into thirds. Crisscross strips and place strips on bottom and up sides of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray. Combine artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil and 2 garlic cloves.
- In a large skillet, crumble chicken over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Set chicken aside. Add oil and onion; cook and stir just until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add salt, pepper and remaining garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Stir in cream, cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Return chicken to pan. In a bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese and remaining Parmesan.
- Spread 3/4 cup meat mixture into slow cooker. Layer with 3 noodles (breaking noodles as necessary to fit), 3/4 cup meat mixture, 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup artichoke mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, on low until noodles are tender, 3-4 hours. Remove slow cooker insert and let stand 30 minutes. If desired, serve with pesto and sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without pesto): 588 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017