Chicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four waffles with mayonnaise; top with half of the cheese. Layer with chicken, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining waffles. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until waffles are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 641 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Nov 27, 2017
These sandwiches were a great change to your typical chicken sandwich. The whole family really enjoyed these. Instead of frozen waffles I went ahead and made my homemade.
Jan 13, 2014
These were really pretty good! Not quite hearty enough for me to serve for supper, but these were great for a weekend lunch. I am a mayo lover but surprisingly, it didn't seem to work that well for me here... Next time I want to try the honey mustard like Jen1313 used...
Jun 8, 2013
I didn't love this, but then I have yet to like a sandwich with apples on it. That said, I think it's a solid recipe, and just a matter of personal taste. It's easy and interesting, so I would recommend trying it.
Mar 22, 2013
This recipe is SO easy and fast! I didn't follow it too closely; I used what I had on hand: deli sliced chicken, green apple slices, havarti cheese, finely chopped onion, and honey mustard.They were absolutely delicious! My husband - a meat and potatoes man, as the cliche goes - LOVED them. I used a full box of waffles and, between the two of us, we ate every bite.Is there a better compliment than a clean plate and a "thank you!" ?