Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place half the mushrooms in a 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- Place egg substitute and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs.
- In large skillet, brown both sides of chicken in butter; place chicken on top of mushrooms. Arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken; top with cheese. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken with hot cooked rice or noodles. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 482 calories, 26g fat (0 saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Apr 24, 2018
Love that this was easy, but it really didn't have much flavor to me. I used seasoned bread crumbs, and replaced the chicken broth with white wine, hoping that would boost flavor. Perhaps Swiss cheese would have helped, or serving it over long grain & wild rice instead of noodles.
Jun 24, 2014
Very easy chicken dish. The chicken itself is a little bland, could use some fresh herbs for flavoring.