Chicken and Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning. Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute spinach in remaining oil just until wilted. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 20, 2012
This was wonderful! My family just loved it. The flavors were great and very eye appealing. The only change was I added sauteed onion with the garlic. Definitely a keeper - thanks!
Jul 19, 2012
Fast, easy, healthy, satisfying. The only thing I did that this recipe didn't call for was to do a light spraying of pam on the chicken pieces before seasoning and rolling in the bread crumbs. It seemed to help everything stick and stay on the chicken throughout the cooking process. I didn't use much...
Jun 23, 2010
Basic chicken cutlet, but I loved the spinach and tomato on top. Great flavor and added something extra and healthy to a basic meal.
Jan 2, 2010
Simple and tastes great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.