Chicken and Stuffing Pie Recipe
This is a wonderful recipe to have on hand when turkey and chicken leftovers begin to crowd your refrigerator...during the holiday season or at any other time. Thanks to the stuffing crust, this pie's easy to make, and it's pretty to serve with its colorful meat and vegetable filling.
- 1 package (8 ounces) herb seasoning stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 ounces sliced Colby or American cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients; press into a greased 10-in. pie plate and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and mushroom liquid until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat through; pour into stuffing crust.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange in a lattice design on pie. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 569 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 2654mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Stuffing Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC