Chicken and Shells Dinner
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare dinner mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir the chicken, peas, mayonnaise and sauteed onion into dinner mix.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 577 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Dec 16, 2019
I used bow tie pasta, made my own cheese sauce. It was fantastic.
Mar 8, 2019
Good recipe to have around eso. If one is short of time.
Jan 16, 2016
Made this last night and it was a winner! I am always looking for simple and tasty weeknight meals and this one fits the bill perfectly. The addition of chicken, peas and breadcrumbs make this a more grown up and delicious version of mac and cheese.
Jul 26, 2015
Great recipe for a simple and easy weeknight dinner. I used a precooked rotisserie chicken for an even quicker shortcut and extra flavor.
Jan 27, 2015
Quick and easy to make and the whole family loved it.
Mar 12, 2013
This is a perfect comfort food dish. Creamy and delicious!
Feb 20, 2013
Very easy to make - perfect when you need to get dinner on quickly. I substituted asparagus for the peas. It worked well to cook the asparagus with the onion prior to combining all ingredients.
Oct 2, 2011
I made this for my husband and he really liked it and I did also