Chicken and Shells Dinner
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare dinner mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir the chicken, peas, mayonnaise and sauteed onion into dinner mix.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 577 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Mar 8, 2019
Good recipe to have around eso. If one is short of time.
Jan 16, 2016
Made this last night and it was a winner! I am always looking for simple and tasty weeknight meals and this one fits the bill perfectly. The addition of chicken, peas and breadcrumbs make this a more grown up and delicious version of mac and cheese.
Jul 26, 2015
Great recipe for a simple and easy weeknight dinner. I used a precooked rotisserie chicken for an even quicker shortcut and extra flavor.
Jan 27, 2015
Quick and easy to make and the whole family loved it.
Mar 12, 2013
This is a perfect comfort food dish. Creamy and delicious!
Feb 20, 2013
Very easy to make - perfect when you need to get dinner on quickly. I substituted asparagus for the peas. It worked well to cook the asparagus with the onion prior to combining all ingredients.
Oct 2, 2011
I made this for my husband and he really liked it and I did also