Chicken and Rice Soup Mix
The recipient of this gift will have one hearty bowl of soup, that will chase away the chills on a blustery winter's day. Suggest they have it with a salad or roll for a satisfying meal.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 tablespoons.
- To prepare soup: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place soup mix. Pour boiling water over mix; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice Soup Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011