Chicken and Rice Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add the broth, tomatoes, water, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add chicken and peas; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 364 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 16, 2019
Would probably be better with Recaito and Soffrito made by Goya and Sazon
Jan 13, 2019
That is not a Cuban rice and chicken, that is just rice with cooked chicken probably no taste , the "Cuban Arroz con Pollo" is very special and tasteful
Nov 11, 2014
Quick and easy but a bit bland. Next time I will double the spice.
Jun 16, 2013
This is a great recipe. Lots of flavor and really easy to make.