- 1 (2 to 3 pounds) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour. In a skillet, heat oil on medium and brown chicken on all sides.
- Meanwhile, combine water, rice, milk, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with chicken. Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Rice Dinner
"This recipe reminds me of my Mom's. It's so comforting."
"My husband and I enjoyed this. I did salt and pepper the chicken pretty generously before browning, and mixed the rice and seasonings in the drippings (after pouring off some of the fat). This is old-fashioned comfort food."
"Printed this recipe out. I like that it doesn't use canned soup!!!!"
"My six year old son had a friend over for supper when I made this last and they each had 4 pieces of chicken!! An instant family favorite. I look forward to adding wild rice next time."
"This was perfect. I like that it doesn't use precooked ingredients or canned soup."
"I have a recipe similar but use Cream of Mushroom soup instead of the water.bsm56"