- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, defrosted
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. Combine soups with mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Rice Casserole
"Excellent...this is the third recipe that I have made from this website this week, and again a great one!!! Only thing I did different was add some Parmesan cheese. Will be making again!"
"Made this for my Mom. We loved the crunch. Great recipe"
"This dish was bland. Needed a lot more seasoning. It would be much better with the right spices."
"My five guests enjoyed this very much and I am already making it again...one week after the first time I made it. Delicious and easy."