- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Rice Casserole
"This was good and it made a ton. I mixed white rice with a combo package of white, brown, and rice wild. About half and half. It gave it more flavor than just white rice. It definitely needed some added seasonings. And it isn't, or at least for me, was not a 15 min prep time. Took at least 20-30 plus clean up time because of quite a few measuring cups, etc. Will make it again."
"Excellent...this is the third recipe that I have made from this website this week, and again a great one!!! Only thing I did different was add some Parmesan cheese. Will be making again!"
"Made this for my Mom. We loved the crunch. Great recipe"
"This dish was bland. Needed a lot more seasoning. It would be much better with the right spices."
"My five guests enjoyed this very much and I am already making it again...one week after the first time I made it. Delicious and easy."