Chicken and Potato Saute Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- Snipped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute chicken until browned on both sides. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dissolve bouillon in water and stir into flour mixture; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Add potatoes and wine or water; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 225 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Potato Saute
"Very tasty easy dish. I added some seasoned salt for a little extra flavor.Will definately make this again!"
"Delicious chicken! Next time, I will double the onion and add some fresh mushrooms. The potatoes did not absorb much of the flavor, though, and I will probably spice them up a bit before adding them to the dish in the future. Also, it took a good 30 minutes to brown my chicken over medium heat, making the dish closer to an hour to make from start to finish."
"Very easy to make and very tasty. I only used 3 tbsp butter and added mrs. dash onion and herb seasoning to the flour mixture. It turned out great. Cant wait to make it again"