Chicken and Potato Saute
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dissolve bouillon in water and stir into flour mixture; pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and wine or water; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Jan 17, 2015
Very tasty easy dish. I added some seasoned salt for a little extra flavor.Will definately make this again!
Nov 21, 2011
Delicious chicken! Next time, I will double the onion and add some fresh mushrooms. The potatoes did not absorb much of the flavor, though, and I will probably spice them up a bit before adding them to the dish in the future. Also, it took a good 30 minutes to brown my chicken over medium heat, making the dish closer to an hour to make from start to finish.
Apr 18, 2011
Very easy to make and very tasty. I only used 3 tbsp butter and added mrs. dash onion and herb seasoning to the flour mixture. It turned out great. Cant wait to make it again