- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Potato Bake
"Family was not thrilled with this at all! I even left the foil on the whole time, and the chicken was still dry,"
"I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the fryer, and it came out great. I cut the potatoes up fairly small so they were soft by the time the chicken was ready. Easy to throw together, great for those nights when you need something you can keep warm because everyone is in/out and eating at different times. Leftovers kept well and reheated nicely."
"I think the directions for removing the foil came too soon as the potatoes were still hard. Next time will leave it on longer and just remove the foil near the end for browning purposes."
"excellent! i used thighs & legs & added extra seasoning. this was so tasty & everyone loved this. this dish is an updated version of an old favorite that my grandmother makes in a pinch! so glad i found this version!"
"I thought this recipe was good. I definitely will make it again, however, I am going to try to leave the potatoes out."