- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Potato Bake
"Family was not thrilled with this at all! I even left the foil on the whole time, and the chicken was still dry,"
"I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the fryer, and it came out great. I cut the potatoes up fairly small so they were soft by the time the chicken was ready. easy to throw together, great for those nights when you need something you can keep warm because everyone is in/out and eating at different times. Leftovers kept well and reheated nicely."
"I think the directions for removing the foil came too soon as the potatoes were still hard. Next time will leave it on longer and just remove the foil near the end for browning purposes."
"excellent! i used thighs & legs & added extra seasoning. this was so tasty & everyone loved this. this dish is an updated version of an old favorite that my grandmother makes in a pinch! so glad i found this version!"
"I thought this recipe was good. I definitely will make it again, however, I am going to try to leave the potatoes out."
"I changed the recipe a little. I used leg quarters instead of a whole chicken. Then instead of baking it in the oven I tossed it in to the crock pot for 5 hours. The chicken was sooo tender as where the potatoes. Next time I try I want to do it with chicken breasts instead of meat with bones. My little kids did not enjoy picking through the bones to eat... and neither did I."
"This was amazing!!! The potatoes had a great taste to them because of the dressing and the chicken was very tender. This will become a regular in my home."
"This was just okay for us."
"We love this dish. Sunday is my day to cook an especially nice meal for my husband, and this definitely fit the bill. I used boneless skinless chicken breast and it was delicious. Yet another TOH winner!!Thank you."
"I love this recipe. It couldn't be any easier or tastier. This is only my third ToH dish I've cooked but my wife and I agree, it is the best so far. I will be cooking this for my friends very soon - but not telling them how easy it was :)"