Chicken and Pita Salad
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place pita bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook edamame according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cheese, edamame and pita bread. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Divide among four serving plates; top with chicken. Serve immediately.
1 each: 362 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Mar 5, 2012
Yummy! Added some chopped red pepper. Also just used reg. feta cheese but added some Mrs. Dash & garlic to the chicken when I cooked it. I just cut up the pita into four pcs and toasted in the toaster rather than heat the whole oven for 1 pita! Worked great! This will be made again!