Chicken and Pear Tossed Salad
I got this recipe at a pear festival. It's a great meal to serve on a hot summer day.—Jeanette Luttman, Sacramento, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add walnuts to the skillet; saute for 1 minute. Add green onions and saute until tender. Stir in the vinegar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the salt, pepper and remaining oil.
- Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the pears, chicken and walnut mixture; toss. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Pear Tossed Salad in The Best of Country Cooking 2005