Chicken and Mushroom Dinner
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked rice or pasta
- In a large heavy skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove chicken; drain excess fat. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soup. Cook and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well blended. Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 45 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 1, 2014
Sounds mighty fine. As suggested, may add Worcestshire Sauce, definitely green bell pepper, and frozen vegetables. Perhaps even herbs like basil and oregano.
Sep 2, 2012
My family totally loves this recipe!
Dec 26, 2011
This was bland in taste and color. So I added broccoli pieces for more color. I added some worcestershire sauce and dried red peppers to add flavor.