- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked rice or pasta
- In a large heavy skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove chicken; drain excess fat. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soup. Cook and stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well blended. Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 45 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta.
1 cup: 249 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.