- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 to 6 skinless split chicken breasts
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked rice or pasta
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken; drain excess fat. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soup. Cook and stir until pan drippings are loosened from bottom of pan. Add sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well mixed. Add chicken; cover and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Sauce should not boil. Stir in mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings
Reviews forChicken and Mushroom Dinner
"Sounds mighty fine. As suggested, may add Worcestshire Sauce, definitely green bell pepper, and frozen vegetables. Perhaps even herbs like basil and oregano."
"My family totally loves this recipe!"
"This was bland in taste and color. So I added broccoli pieces for more color. I added some worcestershire sauce and dried red peppers to add flavor."