Chicken and Mango Tortilla Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, sour cream, salsa, corn and green pepper. Chill until serving.
- Place six 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups upside down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Lightly spray warm tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place over prepared ramekins, pinching sides to form bowl shapes.
- Bake on the ramekins at 425° until crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove from ramekins to wire racks.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken and chili powder in butter until heated through. Spoon cabbage mixture into tortilla bowls; top with chicken, mango and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 313 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 6, 2018
So simple and the flavors melded well in the final product.
Jan 6, 2018
So simple and the flavors melded well when together. I left out the corn due to a finky vegetable eater in the house. I topped with some chipotle hot sauce. Next time I may add a bit of seasoning to the coleslaw mixture.
Jan 31, 2013
My husband and I loved this meal! We halved the recipe since it's just two of us, and it worked perfectly. I did find the tortillas were good at 8 minutes in the oven. We also left out the cilantro as we're not a fan.