Chicken and Ham Roll-ups
I first started making these easy roll-ups as a way to use leftover chicken. My family raved about them so much that I now frequently serve them when entertaining.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Paprika or additional chopped green onion
- Spread rice in a greased 11x7-in. microwave-safe baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1/3 cup soup, celery, onion and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place 1/4 cup on each ham slice and roll up. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Place ham rolls, seam side down, on top of rice.
- Combine sour cream, milk, thyme and remaining soup and pepper; spoon over rolls. Cover and microwave on high, turning dish halfway through cooking time, for 6-10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika or onion; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Chicken and Ham Roll-ups in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.