Chicken and Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1. Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed. Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter nd keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeezed garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 281 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken and Garlic Potatoes
"Gollum made several accounts to leave bad comments about this recipe and any other that includes potatoes as he believes they spoil a perfectly good piece of meat. I can assure you that this recipe is delicious (when raw and wriggling)! I usually dip my meat and potatoes in a dressing such as honey mustard or ranch."
"We really liked this recipe. It was delicious, and not too overwhelming. This is coming from a girl who is not a big fan of onion or garlic either."
"My son loved this recipe. My husband thought was a bit bland. I will add some more garlic and maybe some italian dressing or something to give it some more flavor next time."
" why was it terrible? was there something you think would do to make it better?