Chicken and Garlic Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place potatoes and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the tarragon, sage, salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a closed point) so each clove is exposed.
- Place cut side up in the baking dish. Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cool garlic for 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into a small bowl and lightly mash. Toss garlic with potatoes and onion; arrange around chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jun 5, 2014
Gollum made several accounts to leave bad comments about this recipe and any other that includes potatoes as he believes they spoil a perfectly good piece of meat. I can assure you that this recipe is delicious (when raw and wriggling)! I usually dip my meat and potatoes in a dressing such as honey mustard or ranch.
Jan 10, 2011
We really liked this recipe. It was delicious, and not too overwhelming. This is coming from a girl who is not a big fan of onion or garlic either.
Dec 3, 2010
My son loved this recipe. My husband thought was a bit bland. I will add some more garlic and maybe some italian dressing or something to give it some more flavor next time.
Jun 25, 2009
why was it terrible? was there something you think would do to make it better?