Chicken and Egg Hash Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, potatoes and oil.
- 2. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Stir in the peas, corn, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3. Make four wells in the hash; break an egg into each well. Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 290mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Egg Hash
"Great recipe that was easy to make! I added some bell peppers in with the onions and was not disappointed! If you like an extra kick like I do, you can also throw in a few jalapenos.Definitely recommend this recipe, although I did not add peas."
"This was simple to make and absolutely delicious! And very filling! Highly recommend trying this one!"
"I like my hash browns more crispy, so I fried them separately for 20 minutes. Also cooked the chicken separately, then added both with the peas and corn. It turned the way I like it and I would definitely make this again. Very tasty!"
"I don't like runny eggs, so I pulled the veggies to the side and soft scrambled them and mixed with veggies. Was a little dry this way, but tasty."