This chicken dish has a nice zippy flavor, and it's a welcome change of pace from beef enchiladas.—Peggy Hoffman, Longview, Washington
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup, onion, salt and pepper; set aside. In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the tomato sauce mixture; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Enchiladas in Country Woman May/June 1999, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken and Cheddar Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2011
"this was just okay. wouldn't make again. my search for the perfect chicken enchilada continues ...."