Chicken and Cheddar Enchiladas
This chicken dish has a nice zippy flavor, and it's a welcome change of pace from beef enchiladas.—Peggy Hoffman, Longview, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup, onion, salt and pepper; set aside. In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the tomato sauce mixture; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 660 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1802mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 47g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Enchiladas in Country Woman May/June 1999