Chicken and Cashews
My husband and I enjoy Thai food, and we count this recipe among our favorites. It's tasty without being spicy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 474 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1229mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Cashews in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook