- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is just tender, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan, reserving broth. Keep broccoli warm.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, dill and milk until smooth; stir into broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce
"I can't get over how easy and yummy this recipe was!! I served it with rice and the whole family loved it. Loved the extra flavor the broth gives the broccoli. Will definitely be making it again!"
"Delicious! I doubled the sauce because I wanted some to moisten some leftover mac & cheese. Also steamed the broccoli separately...just easier for me. Served all in a large bowl after slicing the cooked chicken. Will definitely make this again. Glad you submitted this recipe, Kallee!!!"