I've had this chicken and broccoli recipe for so many years, I don't remember when I first made it. Serve it with a side of couscous or rice for a complete meal, or add some sliced mushrooms or carrots for extra veggies. —Kallee Krong-Mccreery, Escondido, California
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is just tender, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan, reserving broth. Keep broccoli warm.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, dill and milk until smooth; stir into broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018