Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry the carrots and broccoli for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 3 cups water to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bouillon; stir until dissolved. Reduce heat. Add soy sauce, ginger, chicken and vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 421 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Aug 28, 2014
Jul 9, 2014
This was easy and I had all the ingredients on hand, no shopping. I added extra soy sauce and garlic powder based on other reviews. Nice flavor.
May 28, 2014
This was pretty good and easy. I served it with pan fried noodles and rice. Next time I will add more ginger and pepper flakes. Overall, would recommend!
Nov 12, 2013
I added an oriental vegetable mix. Delicious!! will surely keep this one!
Nov 11, 2013
Useful weeknight recipe. Added garlic powder and paprika to chicken while cooking. Sauce needs more ginger and soy sauce.
Jun 29, 2013
Very good. May add some garlic the next time I make it.
Apr 4, 2009
This recipe tastes fantastic..I added more vegetables and some garlic,also some sesame oil..it brought the flavour right out.. I added it to my keepers..I will make this again..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.