Chicken and Broccoli Quiche
This is a nice change of pace from traditional quiches because it uses ground chicken. I like to make both pies and freeze one for an already-made meal later on.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli. Divide among pastry shells.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Editor's Note: Ground chicken may be found in many grocery stores. Or you may finely chop chicken in a food processor or meat grinder.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 213 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Broccoli Quiche in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.