Chicken and Broccoli Quiche
This is a nice change of pace from traditional quiches because it uses ground chicken. I like to make both pies and freeze one for an already-made meal later on.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli. Divide among pastry shells.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Editor's Note: Ground chicken may be found in many grocery stores. Or you may finely chop chicken in a food processor or meat grinder.