Chicken and Broccoli Company Casserole
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting the butter. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the rice, broccoli, chicken, ham, cheddar cheese and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder. Spread evenly over top of casserole; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 318 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1129mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2010
Sorry, this one just didn't click with us. It was ok but, I wouldn't take the time to make it again. The tang of the yogurt seemed to overwhelm the other flavors- and, I am a big yogurt fan usually. The only thing I did differently was to use fresh broccoli which I zapped in the microwave for 2 minutes before adding it.
Dec 2, 2008
Since I am on a low sodium diet. I substited the Ham with cauliflower and it is really good too.