Chicken and Bows
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled mixture in freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 357 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Mar 21, 2018
Got home had bow ties and decided to google chicken and bow ties. Picked this recipe and actually had all the ingredients. Was able to prepare and eat in 45 minutes. I don’t have a Dutch oven so fixed the chicken another way. Very good recipe! Easy, fast AND good!!!
Apr 22, 2017
Very good. Didn't have peas so I used fresh chopped broccoli and different shaped pasta of choice.
Mar 16, 2017
Made as is. We really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Oct 3, 2016
We love it! I made some changes. I boiled the chicken breast with seasoning and shredded. Then followed the rest of the instructions and Added 1/2 cup milk and another can of condensed soup. So it's not so dry.
Jul 17, 2016
Not a bad recipe. Needs something more though, maybe more cheese. Just ok
Aug 31, 2014
I made this meal for my family and not only was it easy but even my picky eaters loved it. There was enough to have to meals so we ate one that night and put the other in the freezer. I may add bacon next time!
Aug 23, 2014
This is a dinner to be made only for me. My husband did not like it. I did! I halved the recipe, and it still made a lot. Needed lots of salt and pepper. My kind of comfort food. Oh, and don't use cheap chicken. I keep buying that generic stuff at Kroger and it's always rubbery. I don't think it's my cooking......but maybe.
Jan 15, 2014
An average meal for us. I wanted much more flavor. It is filling and a quick fix for busy weeknights for sure.
May 26, 2013
Very easy to make. Might add chopped carrots next time. I omitted the butter, subbed fat free milk and reduced fat soup.
May 7, 2013
I added green onions only because I love them, very easy to make
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.