Chicken and Apricot Saute Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on high. Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add celery and garlic; stir-fry until the celery is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Add the apricots, peas and cooked chicken. Stir-fry until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 204 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chicken and Apricot Saute
"The apricots discentegrated and there was a huge lack of flavor. I wouldn't have minded a little bit of apricot juice to add something to the flavor. WILL NOT make again."