Chicken Amandine for Four
These chicken breasts are coated with a nicely seasoned nut mixture. While they bake, you can prepare the rest of your meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a food processor, cover and process almonds until finely chopped. Place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and water.
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture, then dip in egg mixture and roll in almonds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Amandine in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.