Chicken Amandine for Four
These chicken breasts are coated with a nicely seasoned nut mixture. While they bake, you can prepare the rest of your meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a food processor, cover and process almonds until finely chopped. Place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and water.
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture, then dip in egg mixture and roll in almonds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Amandine in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar