VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a food processor or blender, process the almonds until finely chopped. Place in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and water.
- Coat chicken with crumb mixture, then dip in egg mixture and roll in almonds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Amandine in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p3